The Minor Program
The minor consists of six courses split up in the following way (minimum requirement 6 c.u.'s.):
- An introductory course: COML 100 (Introduction to Comparative Literature) or COML 125 (Narrative Across Cultures).
- A theory course: COML 094 (Introduction to Literary Theory) or COML 360 (Introduction to Literary Criticism) or COML 396 (History of Literary Theory).
- One course with a COML number, OR a global studies course (e.g., COLL 001, the Pilot Curriculum course on Globalization)
- Three other courses in literature or comparative literature, or some aspect of globalization.
Departments and Programs
in which courses for COML can be taken:
- African Studies
- Cinema Studies
- Classical Studies
- East Asian Languages and Civilizations
- Fine Arts
- Germanic Languages and Literatures
- History of Art
- Jewish Studies
- Latin American and Latino Studies
- Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Romance Languages - French, Italian, and Hispanic Studies (Spanish)
- Slavic Languages and Literature
- South Asia Studies
- Theatre Arts